Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Anime Expo Clothes Planning

There's usually one thing I kind of plan way before I go to conventions is what kind of clothes I'll be taking with me. Since I have no time to save up money for some nice Japanese lolita clothes I'm going to do something I haven't done before and order them off of Chinese designers off of Taobao. They're significantly cheaper (because cost of labor is lower in their country) but at the same time there are some really cute dresses I like.
Kids Yoyo Sailor Dress
I'm not really one for short sleeves but the dress is so adorable and simple I think it would work well in California's hot climate. The hat you pay extra for but it's super adorable. I will probably make this one of the dresses that I'll get for AX.

White Moon Dress
This one is just simply cute. It's got a really playful vibe and I just love the bottom design, though actually I love the overall design of it. I really think this one would be great to wear, and it's just so cute, specially with that little boater hat.

I may not be able to stay for the whole con (because of work) but three days of fun doesn't sound so bad. And I seriously cannot wait, because there will be even more fun stuff to do and everything. Though I'm still hoping I might be able to stay for all 4 days, but it's probably a long shot. I still have to save up money for my share of the hotel and my plane tickets and spending money but I'm going to get that all gathered together as I start putting new stuff on my etsy account and I'll actually feature it here on my blog as well.

I have some cleaning and more crafting to do, so hopefully I'll be back tomorrow with a fun art update.

No comments:

Post a Comment