Saturday, January 18, 2014

More Sewing Fun

So there's going to be more sewing fun tomorrow. I'm going to finish up my skirt that I made 100% all by myself. Hopefully assembled it won't look like a hot mess like it does in pieces. Seriously, I seem to not be able to cut without help.

Also I have a lot of the fabric left so mom is going to actively help me make a matching vest for it since the fabric is more pop like. When she told me that she'd help I said; "is that so?" And was reminded of Kill la Kill because...Talking clothing, sewing, fighting the power of clothes, friendship with clothes, controlling the world with clothes... You know, Trigger saving anime.
Satsuki wants to know is that so...
Anyway besides sewing my mom is going to be helping with my Ruby Rose cosplay tomorrow. More importantly we're going to be making a petticoat akin to what classical puppets sells. But she's going to be using the serger and she's going to teach me how.
Mako looking at Sensei's needles
Honestly though, the serger looks intimidating, and I thought my mom didn't know how to use it, because all I've ever seen was my aunt borrow it from us to make her scrubs... But she does know how, which is good, because I need all the help I can get taming that beast. Anyway I hope to have progress and completion pictures up, since these are going to be interesting none the less.

I honestly have no idea if I'm going to just post the images up here or also to tumblr. May do both. I should probably though at one point link my tumblr and blog together.

Though honestly I just post simple images on tumblr, here is where I get to talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment