Monday, January 13, 2014

Houzuki no Reitetsu is here!

Houzuki no Reitetsu is finally here guys! I am so excited. I started to read the manga once it came out translated (since it's way easier to find translates than RAWs) and I gotta say hands down I loved it. So I was super excited when they announced making the anime of it. More than that, it's being similcasted on CrunchyRoll and was already picked up for local distribution by Sentai Films. This makes the youkai lover in me very happy!
Here is the official PV with English subs.

After the first episode came out I was really bursting with happiness, but I guess a lot of people don't like Houzuki no Reitetsu. I hear a lot that it's not funny and boring. It doesn't help that the show and manga is just as much a slice of life as it is a comedy. And a lot of the humor in Houzuki relies on knowing about Japanese culture and religions; most people from other countries don't know much about Buddhism besides Buddha himself, but that's ok.

I did really enjoy it, and the opening theme song just makes me laugh with how everyone is singing, like King Enma decided like it would boost morale among workers or something.

I did preorder the OP theme CD and the B-Alt limited edition version for the Japanese Bluray release. I'm a bit bummed about how much you pay for only two or three episodes, but you know. You gotta do what you gotta do to support the industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment