Saturday, June 2, 2012

Anime Expo disapointments and guest of honor

Right now as Anime Expo approaches, I've got mixed feelings about the whole thing. First we'll get the negative out of the way first.

The musical guests, right now musical guests are rather weak sauce, but not only that, they're now charging WAY more than last year. Also last year was Miku and Kalafina at both $8 a piece in venues outside of AX. Nokia theater and the little Nokia one nearby.

This year they're going to be in the convention center, and you'll pay anywhere between $20-$40 per ticket. Now this really cheeses me off for a few reasons, mainly the HUGE price difference from last year and the fact that they're making it in the convention center. I'm not paying a minimum of $20 to go see an artist in a convention center.

So....

Now for the good stuff.

Lolita model, Misako Aoki will be coming to AX and hosting all the fashion shows and a teaparty!
Misako Aoki in Casual lolita
I'm super excited for this. The more I think about it, I think I will try to attend the teaparty and then go to the fashion shows. I think it would be a great experience, one that I've not really been to doing before. So I'll probably go.

But at the same time I have a few phobias about the whole group/teaparty thing. Though most of it has to deal with my weight. I'm not insecure with knowing that I'm fat or whatnot, but I fear that because of my weight, I feel that people will snub me off or make offhanded comments about me. It's happened before with other lolitas so the fear is still there.

And then the fact that I probably won't have a beautiful coordination in sweet lolita or whatnot. I've only bought one new dress this year because I can't really find things I want and keep to it (and it's a gothic dress) so I've got that against me. All I have is my Melty Chocolate, Princess Drop and Fairy Princess dresses.

I'll probably make coordinations with them and see what would be the best for me to wear. But gosh... So much stress so soon to convention time. So very anxious and yet... So very worried.



No comments:

Post a Comment