Monday, December 19, 2011

This is a very delicious post

If there is one thing I love, its food.

But I also love looking for deals and shopping locally. Yes, I am one of those younger kids who goes out every Sunday and buys two or three copies of the Sunday edition of the newspaper to get good deals.

Anyway I was looking online and saw a good couple of food related articles I thought you should see.

15 foods you should never buy again

This was a real eye opener since it showed many things that I see people buy all the time, and even some stuff that I'm guilty of getting myself. Salad kits and bottled water are like my huge weaknesses since I will constantly get them all the time. Then because I buy such a huge amount I don't use them all and then feel super guilty.
Eating is better as a group



13 things you should know about farmer's markets

This one really stands out for me as there are tons of farmers markets everywhere here. Even small local ones and the big one in the state (the big one is known pretty much all over). I'm a huge supporter of local buying of everything I can, even if it costs more money. That's why I was shocked when I saw this:

3. If you spend $100 at a farmers market, $62 goes back into the local economy -- and $99 out of $100 stays in the state.

Seriously that's really great, it shows that when you support local it pays back to your economy. I really am glad the idea of the money getting put back into our state is great instead of it going somewhere else.
Eggs are one of the many local products I buy to support the local economy

No comments:

Post a Comment